Monday, August 27, 2012

Disconnecting and Unwinding

So, you may have noticed that I have been a bad blogger lately.
Or maybe you haven't. Who knows.
Anyway, I have just been overwhelmed. Burned out. Tired.
In need of a huge glass of wine.
I needed a break.

Luckily, Dakota's annual trip to the mountains was coming up. So I decided to take a day off and join him for a night (he was gone for a WEEK! Four years together and I still miss him like crazy when he's gone!)
And by golly, I am so glad I went. It was nice to not have cell phone reception and not have to be anywhere, or really have to do anything except laugh, hang out, read, and spend some much needed quality time with my beau.
The mountain air felt amazing. I can't wait for cold weather.

Dakota and I took a few walks together, just the two of us, and talked. It was, for lack of a better word, awesome. Definitely plan on going again later in the season, and next year.

I think in our world today, we are too focused on productivity, getting things done, and being the best that we can be all. the. time.

I think that is a noble goal, but we are only human. Our bodies can only take so much abuse. And mine was about to give out. My mini-vacation came at a great time.

My advice to you on this Monday, is take the time to relax. Turn off your cell phone. Give your loved ones a nice big hug. It feels great.

Your body will thank you for it.

And, because you have been so good, here are some pictures from my trip (my camera battery was dying - I forgot the spare! :() I didn't get that many because I finally got a good stiff drink..or two.....











Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes you do just need a break! Relaxing is an important part of life too, especially when you've been working hard.
    I have to say, I love your description of your cat "cute but evil"--the best cats always are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitley need to schedule more time like that in the future.. sometimes I take my job too seriously and remember that I am in the business of living, not always working.

    Both my cats are cute, but evil! One is declawed so she can't scratch, but she knows how to bite. I recently got a kitten, who I mistakenly named Loki (he now lives up to his name!) and she has taught him how to bite! Luckily teeth aren't as bad as claws, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge glass of wine is always my answer!!! Hi from the BBN!!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...