Monday, November 19, 2012

Me, Myself, and I : November Edition



I don't think I ever posted the October edition. October was hard. I am so glad it is November. October was really hard. It was a good month, but I can't say I'm sad to see it go.

Who knew a month could make you so tired?

I guess it isn't the month's fault.

So lately, I have been blogging a great deal. Actually scheduling posts ahead of time. Can you believe it? I think I was abducted by aliens. And someone else is now me. But I am still obviously me. I have had too much sugar today, can you tell??

Ahem.

Sorry.

Onto questions!

What are your top 5 favorite movies to watch during the holidays?

Let's see. Definitely Miracle on 34th Street. The original and the one with Mara Wilson. I just love her. How can you not love Matilda? 

There's also Life is Beautiful, and The Santa Clause (I love all of them!) And Olive the Other Reindeer (if you haven't heard of that one, you MUST watch.) 

And, definitely How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I am such a kid at heart.

But that's why you love me, yes?


It's the month of giving thanks, what are you most thankful for?

The thing I am most thankful for is my happiness. I have a man that I love dearly, a roof over my head, a job that I love. Most people don't get so lucky.

But I am also very thankful for my family. My mom, my dad, my brother.And my aunts, uncles, cousins. Also the family I chose, like Dakota, and his parents, and his siblings, and his grandparents.  I am thankful to have such a large and crazy happy family. And my cats.

dakota's family


And lastly, I am thankful to be a part of the blogging community. I am glad I have friends to talk to, and a blog to share my feelings. I am honored to be a part of something so amazing.


If there was a quote or verse to describe your life, what would it be?

I've said before that my favorite quote is "I may have not gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." by Douglas Adams. 

It is very true for my life. I didn't know I would end up with someone like Dakota. Or that I would end up at a place like Waterman's. 

Who thinks they are going to end up at a manufacturing facility for water control equipment? I didn't. But now that I am there? I love it. I talk about head (a term for feet of water) and seats and wedges and valves and stuff and get excited about it.

Isn't that crazy?

Who in your family are you most alike?

I would have to say either my dad or my Nana. Nana is very creative. She is one of the best artists I have ever met. I know I am pretty biased, but she is pretty awesome. She also has a lot of the same views I do. (She is pro-gay marriage! How many grandmas are like that?!) 



My dad is more like me in my personality. He is reserved. He is emotional and empathetic. He is kind. But he is also someone you don't want to mess with. When he gets mad, its like the world stops. My dad is definitely one of my favorite people on the earth and I am glad to be like him. Plus I look like him, so that helps!  And Dad looks like Nana, so I look like her too! Win-Win.

family



What is your favorite drink order at Starbucks?

I am crazy about the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate when its cold outside. But I also love Passion Tea Lemonade. I like to change it up sometimes.

So do you feel like you know me a little bit better now? Link up so I can get to know you, too!
Linking up with Me, Myself, and I!


Signature


3 comments:

  1. I love that quote and believe it is definitely one to always remember :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote! And I love the Santa Clause! Miracle on 34th Street is a good one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely connect with that quote too! It's perfect! And I love that your grandma is pro gay marriage - that's just awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...