Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Lost Art of Handwriting

Handwriting really is a lost art.
In this day and age, we type everything. (Myself included.)

People don't know how to write (or read!) cursive anymore.
I don't even think it is taught in schools.

Sure, it probably isn't necessary,  but its an art form.
Plus, I know for me it helps me write a whole lot faster.

So when I saw that Joelle at Something Charming was hosting a "Write It Down and Link It Up" linky, 
I had to join in. 

I am a designer, of course I love to doodle!

But of course, this was hard for me because I am an uber perfectionist.
I actually rewrote it once.

But if you knew me, you would know that that was total self control!

If you can't read the favorite quote, it says:

"I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I think I ended up where I needed to be."

-Douglas Adams

That is very true for my life, and I am sure it might be in yours as well.

I hope you join in on the fun and link up!


Write it Down



Happy Tuesday, Loves!


Signature

9 comments:

  1. Everything about this is just adorable Jessica, and I am really impressed that you drew California...I might be good at handwriting, but don't ask me to draw anything haha...

    Thanks for linking up my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on this link up. You have beautiful handwriting and I love the drawing of CA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lovely handwriting! I can write in cursive, though I don't do it often because I'm much more comfortable with printing. I agree, though, that it's an art form that seems to by dying. Don't worry, though, I promise that I'll teach my kids how to write in cursive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful handwriting! I love your doodle of California!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I found your blog. It's so sad to me that people seem to be forgetting how to pick up a pen and actually hand write something on a piece of paper. If you are into crafting and musings on life please check out my new blog www.laughingcatcreates.blogspot.com. I'm just getting started, hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that Douglas Adams quote - something we definitely need to keep in mind when we feel we've gone off track!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jessie, love your blog! And I could really do with some graphic design tutorials and tips so I am glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I love your handwriting! and the California doodle is adorable :)

    xoxo, Amy

    I'm hosting my 1000th post party, love for you to come!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...